skip to Main Content


Mechanics - PROCHECK Automotive

We offer Gas Certificates for the following vehicles:-

  • Caravans
  • Motorhomes
  • Camper Trailers
  • Camper vans
  • Bus and Van conversions
  • All other RV’s including boats


When Buying / Selling a Caravan you are required to have a valid

– Caravan Gas Certificate (within 3 months of the inspection date)

– Caravan Roadworthy Certificate / Safety Certificate (within 2 months of the inspection date)

A gas safety certificate for your caravan, camper trailer, bus, van or motorhome lasts for 3 months from the date of issue!

A Queensland gas certificate is essential if you are planning on selling your caravan, motorhome or camper trailer and it must not be more than 3 months old when the registration is transferred.

You will also need a gas certificate if you wish to change your registration to Qld plates.

What is involved in getting a Queensland gas safety certificate for a caravan, motorhome or camper?

The inspection usually takes about 30-45 minutes.

This involves testing a working gas pressure check, inspection of ventilation, pipework and appliances as well as ensuring compliance with the relevant gas regulations.

How much does it cost to get a Queensland gas certificate for my caravan, motor home or camper trailer?

$110 includes within 20km from our workshop, the gas safety inspection and issue of a QLD Government gas certificate.

Should a defective issue be found then we will advise straight away of any additional pending costs to get your vehicle compliant for the certificate.

Why would a caravan, motorhome or camper fail an inspection?

Unfortunately there are many vans out there that have not been fitted out correctly meeting the requirements of AS5601 part 2 for recreational vehicles.

Van owners can also unknowingly make a compliant installation non-compliant by modifying the van such as installing 12 volt lighting within the gas locker, mounting a generator next to the cylinders etc.

Another common cause for failure may be leaking gas valves on appliances.

Anything else I should know?

The seller is required to provide a gas certificate when selling the van or camper.

It’s a huge risk to buy something if you don’t know if it is safe and compliant or not.

The issue is more prevalent with van and bus conversions.

If the seller won’t provide a gas certificate and wishes to sell it as unregistered then you have to ask yourself why.

Pro Check - Gas System Compliance and certification
Back To Top